Need help with internet connection...

I'm running Debian with the bf2.4 kernel, on an AMD Athlon 900 with 256 Meg ram.

I can't seem to get my internet connection running correctly.

I've checked every file I can think of (/etc/inetd.conf, hosts, hosts.conf, etc), but I'm stumped.

At first I wasn't even getting my eth0 to connect on startup. I found out about the /etc/network/interfaces file, and added iface eth0 (and some other parameters) and gateway 10.0.0.1 to the file as well as adding the eth0 to the auto line.

Now I ping anything other than 10.0.0.1, and it just sits there, no output.

Can someone list a few places I can check, then I can respond back with specifics.

Help! Please! I have to do email on Windows until I can get this up and running!

Dingo Dave
http://edingo.net/

A human is a computers way of making another computer. Yes, we are their sex organs.