Re: I have message in my daemon.log

This one time, at band camp, Egor Tur said:
> I have SCSI hard disk & IDE CDROM on /dev/hdc.
> I compile the support my CDROM  in kernel, not module.

I think, although I do not remember clearly, that your problem was an
error in your logs about not finding the module for IDE drives, am I
right?  If your CD drive functions normally, ignore the message - it is
the kernel looking for a module and not finding it, but it's already
built into the kernel.  No worries.  If your CD drive does not work,
you'll have to recompile with the appropriate module.

Please try to keep enough of the previous messages so that the sense of
the thread can be gleaned.  In this case, (I think) I remembered the
problem, but many others will not, and the subject alone doesn't give it
away.

HTH,
Steve

--
I tell them to turn to the study of mathematics, for it is only there that
they might escape the lusts of the flesh.