Re: question about /etc/passwd entries

On Saturday 14 September 2002 19:06, Aaron Hall wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Mike Mueller wrote:
> > Why does my 2.2r6 system need a user called bin?

<snip>

> There was a discussion on this just over a year ago, you can check out
> the thread on the archives, starting here:
>
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200108/msg00993.html>

Bang on!  Has this info and the response from Bob Proulx and others been
pulled into a document of any sort?  I think it ought to be in the System
Administrator's Guide or a Linux Authentication HOWTO.

--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002