not receiving emails

I sent the message below to listmaster almost a week ago and have received
no reply. Please help! (Note that responses sent to the list will do me no
good until the problem is resolved.)

  I've tried subscribing to debian-user, both from the web page and with an
  email message. Both times I received a request for confirmation. Both
  time I sent the expected response. They seem to have disappeared into a
  black hole. I received no welcome message, and have received no messages
  from the list.

  Meanwhile, I attempted to post a message. I received no error, and it
  (and a response to it) shows up in the archive on the web site. Is
  something wrong with my subscription? Please look into it.

  --Greg