Re: wmaker: create a new desktop from the shell

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> said:
> Does anyone know of commands that I can use to
>
>   (a) create a new Desktop in WindowMaker
>   (b) switch Desktops in WindowMaker
>
> from the shell? If the menu must be involved, then please know that
> I employ the menu system.

There's a dockapp out there somewhere called wmcp that has the ability to
switch WindowMaker desktops. (I'm unsure of whether it can create them).
You could certainly find it and use its code to create a command-line
utility. Sorry I can't be helpful.

wmcp is a bit hard to find. If you haven't found it by thursday (that's
when I will have reassembled my own linux box) then email me off list, and
I'll dredge wmcp up off one of my CDs and email you the code.