Re: how to get rid of [] in manpages?

also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002.09.14.2131 +0200]:
> I assume you're using docbook-to-man then. What does the source of that
> section look like?

Yes

  <refsynopsisdiv>
    <cmdsynopsis>
      <command>&dhpackage;</command>
        <group>-o <replaceable>outputfile</replaceable></group>
        <group><replaceable>input files ...</replaceable></group>
    </cmdsynopsis>
    <cmdsynopsis>
      <command>&dhpackage;</command>
    </cmdsynopsis>
    <cmdsynopsis>
      <command>&dhpackage;</command>
    </cmdsynopsis>
  </refsynopsisdiv>

> It should be possible to get rid of the brackets, but I don't know about
> the blank lines. For finer control, use plain groff rather than DocBook.

I don't have the time to learn that too. Aside, I believe in
meta-formats.

"the strength of women comes from the fact
 that psychology cannot explain us.
 men can be analyzed, women merely adored."
                                                        -- oscar wilde