Jabber client?

Is there a client for doing jabber instant messaging?

If I search for "jabber" in dselect, I get the server software, tools for administrating it, and perl modules for connecting to a jabber server, but no client.

I don't want to run a server (or rather, I would like to but don't have the connection for it). I just want to try out some non-proprietary instant messaging.

I also searched in dselect for "instant" and "messaging" and didn't find anything.

There must be something by this point, it probably just isn't called "jabber" in any fashion.

I would be using it on powerpc, at least initially.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford