Re: Problems with xmms.

Steve Juranich wrote:
Interesting,  I just managed to get sound working last nite with the same
audio chipset (as root).  I added my normal user to the audio group, logged
off and then back on, and sound had then stopped working.  I was getting a
horrible "sheeet, sheeet, sheeet, sheeet" repititive noise.  Is this what
you are experiencing?

No, actually. I'm hearing what sounds like a terrible digitization noise. There are just some nasty artifacts in the output when I try and listen to an MP3 or OGG file. I know that the files are good, because when I listen to them on my Rio Volt, they sound fine. Also, they sounded fine a couple of weeks ago.

Are you using any output plugins?  For instance, I've noticed the the
normalize volume plugin makes some stuff sound horrible if it is too
aggressively configured.