From: Kirk Strauser [mailto:kirk@strauser.com]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 1:59 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Why do I need to be a %^#$# programmer to use Linux?

At 2002-09-13T20:34:04Z, "deFreese, Barry" <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> writes:

> I had an old 8 port Digiboard laying around so I stuck that in so that I
> could set up multiple inbound fax lines on the box.  I download the
drivers
> from Digi...

An earlier post from you indicated that you'd discovered the ecpa module
that supported the Digiboard.  Did that turn out to not be the case?

Aside from that, I'd be more upset with the module vendor than Debian.  No,
you shouldn't need to be a programmer to install a kernel module.  If that's
not the case, then someone made a mistake.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/