Re: tracing PAM?

Christian Hammers said:
> Hi
>
> Has anybody a good idea how to trace/debug PAM? I use postfix and courier
> pop3/imapd as well as in future passwd to authenticate user agains an
> LDAP database and use PAM for this. Sadly everything between passing the
> credentials to PAM and getting a return value is one big black box :-(

if your using openldap put openldap in debug mode with something like -d 255
then look at the logs, in the case of client side usually this information
goes to syslog, I had a PAM problem with ldap recently for some reason one
of the users was authenticating against the wrong branch of the directory
(only 1 user was affected). was really strange, but the messages in I think
auth.log or daemon.log were there.

nate