Re: char-major-6

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 01:20:22AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 08:13:30PM -0400, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> > Where is it defined in the kernel that character major device number 6 is
> > parallel port support?
>
> In include/linux/major.h.

Yes, the constant LP_MAJOR is defined there, but the core kernel
never references it.  It is only used in drivers/char/lp.c,
drivers/parport/parport_cs.c, and drivers/sbus/char/bpp.c.  Only the
drivers know what it is.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss