Have to start "dctrl" twice

Hallo,

I am new to Linux (but not new to computers) and have installed Woody.

I setup my internet connection (modem) with "pppconfig" and everything
seems to work. I can successfully connect to my ISP with e.g. "pon" or
"wvdial".
Then I wanted to use "dctrl" (with kde) that is installed by default. When I
request "link up" I get the message ".... chatscript failed". After some
time
I had to recognize that "dctrl" only works if I start it twice. Only with
two
"dctrl" application windows started at the same time "dctrl" works.

is ist a bug or a configuration error ?

thanks for help ....