Re: usb mouse

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:00:26PM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:36:30AM +0200 wrote:
> > hello!!,
> >
> >     I have installated debian 3.0, but the mouse does not work. It uses usb. How can I configurate it?
> >
> Hi,
>
> This question is better suited to debian-user, cc'ing.  Here is a
> pretty good guide:
> http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html
>
> at least gives you a few things to try.  The above link indicates that
> you may have better luck with a 2.4 kernel, if you installed the
> default Debian kernel you have 2.2.

Like David mentioned above the 2.4.19-686 kernel will handle your needs:

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-686

:and here is what I did with my /etc/modules to get usb working:

	# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
	#
	# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
	# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
	# a #, and everything on the line after them are ignored.
	eepro100
	ide-scsi
	emu10k1
	mousedev