Re: Gnome 2.0

This one time, at band camp, Marcelo Ramos said:
> El(On) Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:33:18 +0200
> "Pierre Dupuis" <pi.dupuis@wanadoo.fr> escribió(wrote):
>
> > Good evening again everyone...
> >
> > So..I just update gnome 1.4 to 2.0 via apt (dselect interface), all package
> > seems to be install but i don't know how to start X with Gnome2 display..
> > Usually, i start xwindow with kdm, so i can choose my desktop, but since
> > gnome2 install, no gnome appear in kde desktop selector....://
> >
> > Maybe someone can help ???
>
> Try installing gdm.
You should have a .xsession file in your user's home directory.  Put
whatever you want to have start with X in there - gnome-session in this
case.

When you are logging into the KDM greeter, there is an option to choose
session type.  I think the Debian one uses .xsession files, so try that.

HTH,
Steve
--
BOFH excuse #445:

Browser's cookie is corrupted -- someone's been nibbling on it.