Re: About spamassassin

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2002.09.12.1329 +0200]:
> > spampd can be found at this address :
> > http://www.worlddesign.com/index.cfm/rd/mta/spampd.htm
>
> Anyway, I'll package it but rely on your input to make it better
> suited for actual use since I am not going to employ it.

I can't get it to even start:

fishbowl:..d/spampd/spampd-1.0.0# ./spampd --port=10024 \
  --relayhost=localhost:10025 --debug --tagall

debug: ignore: test message to precompile patterns and load modules
debug: using "../rules" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver unavailable? 0
debug: looking up MX for 'microsoft.com.'
debug: MX for 'microsoft.com.' exists? 1
debug: is DNS available? 1
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=4.4
debug: running uri tests; score so far=4.4
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=4.4
debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=4.8
debug: Razor is available
debug: Razor Agents 1.20, protocol version 2.
debug: Discovering closest server in the razor.vipul.net zone
debug: Sorted (closest first) list of available servers & RTTs:
debug: 194.109.217.74 (0.0017)
debug: Wrote server list to /root/.razor.lst
debug: Closest server is 194.109.217.74
debug: Connecting to 194.109.217.74...
debug: Unable to connect to 194.109.217.74; Reason: Connection refused.
debug: Agent terminated
debug: spam-phrase score: 23.5949726847598: hits: this message
debug: DCC is not available
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_DSBL but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_MULTIHOP_DSBL but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_ORBS but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_RELAYS_ORDB_ORG but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_RFCI but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule RCVD_IN_VISI but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule X_OSIRU_DUL_FH but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule X_OSIRU_SPAMWARE_SITE but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule X_RCVD_IN_DUL_FH but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule X_RCVD_IN_UNCONFIRMED_DSBL but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule FUDGE_DUL_MAPS_OSIRU but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule FUDGE_DUL_OSIRU_FH but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule FUDGE_MULTIHOP_RELAY but did not get hit
debug: Ran run_rbl_eval_test rule FUDGE_RELAY_OSIRU but did not get hit
debug: AWL active, pre-score: 10.4, mean: undef
debug: Post AWL score: 10.4
debug: is spam? score=10.4 required=5

fishbowl:..d/spampd/spampd-1.0.0#

and it just quits...

it's useless to try to hold some people
to anything they say while they're
madly in love, drunk, or running for office.