Re: downgrading from unstable to testing

Matthew wrote:
> , so my big question of theday is: how do I
> downgrade from unstable to testing? I know I
> can"simply" change my apt.sources list to point at
> testing, but since mostof the software I have
> installed is of a newer version than sarge, won'tit
> simply keep telling me I already have the latest
> version?Any pointers -- to the correct manuals or
> otherwise -- would be greatlyappreciated

I think if you pin the packages with a pin-priority of
greather than 1000 then they will be downgraded - see
the up to date APT-Howto at:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html

Pete

(Too frightened to run unstable myself!)

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute