Re: Solution was: [module parport_pc lsst sich nicht laden]

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 the mental interface of
nate told:

[...]
> e.g.
> modprobe parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7
>
> the above parameters are usually the defaults for the parallel port
> on most systems.. check the bios of your system to be sure if it doesn't
> work ..
Yep! The velleman adapter was compiled into the kernel directly.
This is an paralellport sensor adapter which has blocked io=0x378
before the parport_pc was loaded as a module. I removed velleman fom
the kernel and printing is working now!

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
         Friedrich Nietzsche