Re: Why replies are often sent to sender - was Re: KDE freezing

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Barney Wrightson wrote:

> It's probably because by default reply-to is to the sender and not the
> list, I rememeber a debate about this on the list a while ago, but I
> can't remember why it was decided that this is a "Good Thing". I would
> have thought, if the policy was to reply to the list only (unless asked)
> then that hitting reply should give you this behaviour by default. <shrugs>
>
> Barney

I happen to like it, because anything addressed to me with that cc to
the list shows up nicely with a "+" besides the email, in Pine.

Yes, I use Pine.

Yes, I _LIKE_ Pine.

(two strikes, am I almost out yet?)

When I download it to my netscape client for long term storage, I have
filters set to put everything in its own folder.   Until it hits there, I
sometimes have 5000 emails from the last couple days in my mailbox.  The
"+" stands out very nicely.

Mike