Re: mtent warning - newbie

This one time, at band camp, Setyo Nugroho said:
> I got 3 rows of the flwg msg during booting:
> "[mtent] warning: no final new line at the end of etc/fstab"
>
> The same msg, when I mount /windows
>
> the flwg is my /etc/fstab file
>
> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> /dev/hda1       /windows        vfat    rw,user,noauto          0
> /dev/hda6       /               ext2    errors=remount-ro       0
> /dev/hda3       none            swap    sw                      0
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults                0
> /dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0
> /dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0
> /dev/hdd        /dvd            iso9660 ro,user,noauto         0       0
> /dev/hda5       /boot   ext2    defaults                        0
> /dev/hda7       /home   ext2    defaults                        0
> /dev/hda8       /var    ext2    defaults                        0
> usbdevfs        /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs defaults               0
>
> What does it mean? FYI: I still couldn't get my printer working well.
>

> Setyo

A newline is also known as a carriage return, enter, etc.  fstab wants
you to put one at the end of the last line, so it knows the line
terminates.  Just curious - is the above cut slightly off, or do you
really have only one number at the end of most columns?  There should be
two, like with /dev/hdd.

Steve
--
Q:	What do you call a blind, deaf-mute, quadraplegic Virginian?