Re: Whatever happened to "Unidentified Subject!"

Paul Johnson wrote
> Whatever happened to Unidentified Subject lines that DU used to add to
> a blank subject line?  If they're not coming back, how do you get
> procmail to filter against an empty subject line?

You don't.  From my .procmailrc:
<begin snip>

:0:
* ^X-Mailing-List.*debian-user
debian-user

<end snip>

The server for deb-user is kind enough to add the X-Mailing-List header
line.  Makes for a really easy filter criteria that'll work pretty much no
matter what.

Oh.  A thought.  Aren't there some SMTP servers that strip X-* headers?  I
vaguely remember reading something somewhere about that.  Of course I could
be way wrong on that.  Can't remember for sure.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.