Re: syncronizing two directories

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:36:38AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> I need to syncronize a directory which exists in two machines. This
> directory is the one I use to do my work, and I have a copy at home and
> another at work. I need to syncronize them. Does exist any application
> to do this task?

The suggestions of rsync and unison are good ones, but you might also
like to consider a version control system like CVS or Subversion,
especially if the file formats are quite textual and so conveniently
diffable. My life has got quite a lot simpler since I started storing
substantial chunks of my home directories on the three machines I use
regularly in a Subversion repository.

Setting this up takes longer, but it's worth it if you ever need to look
back through the history of your work.