Re: Compile libssl from source package

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 01:27:32AM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> Since the Sparc is a gateway and besides that very slow, I can't
> have a couple of trial and errors while building the new ssl
> libraries. So where do I change/add the -mv8 option for gcc?

Being impatient, ofcourse I gave it a try anyway.

To no avail.

I changed a line in config to reflect linux-sparcv8. I now believe
that was useless, since this script uses information from
/proc/cpuinfo, which shows sun4m resulting in v8 by default.

Some further grepping brought my attention to Configure :

"debian-sparc","gcc:-DB_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-Wall::-D_REENTRANT:-ldl:BN_LLONG RC4_CHAR DES_UNROLL
BF_PTR::::::::::dlfcn:linux-shared:-fPIC",

I am tempted to mess with this line ;)

Where do I put the -mv8 option?

What file/script oversees the selection and execution of this line?

Is there not an elegant solution for what I want to do?

I also would like some aimed-at-simple-user-like-me information that
tries to explain all that is happening or at least gets me started
on the way to Understanding. Most information is either for
developers (way to technical) or aimed at end-users in automagic
fashion. Where do I look?

If another mailing-list is more appropriate, please advise.

Bob