How to make dead_* keys work under X??

Hi!

I cannot make the dead_* keys work under X. -- I've tried to write my own
keyboard map, than I tried the distribution Czech map, but the dead keys don't
work (the other keys do, whatever is bound to them, whatever physical keys are
they bound to).  I've found an article [1] stating it's an X-client
responsibility to handle dead keys, but it's five years old, so I don't quite
rely on the information given there.

What I look for is a complex layout that would enable me to enter any character
from the latin, hebrew, cyrillic, graphics, ... (RFC 1345 appeals me).

[1] http://wauug.erols.com/~balsa/linux/deadkeys/

Jan.
<Jan.Minar@seznam.cz>

Reklama: