Re: ext3 w/Woody 3.0r0?

Rob Leachman wrote:
Just wanted to check before I do something wrong... does Woody 3.0r0 support ext3? I'm told to worry about kernel support, is it in the distributed "2.2.20-compact #1" kernel?

Also, while I'm asking these simple questions, I understand the way to upgrade to ext3 is simply:

1) Add ext3 journalling to the ext2 device with `tune2fs -j /dev/{myHD}`
2) Adjust /etc/fstab as required to indicate type "ext3" not "ext2"

...is it?

Finally, why doesn't Woody prompt for ext3 like the other distributions? I was reminded most others stop and ask ext2 or ext3... maybe it's about the "compact" method I used.

Thanks!

Dunno about the "compact" 2.2.20 kernel, but it IS supported in the "bf2.4 kernel. You are also asked about it during the HD File System setup & initialization questions early in the install. I just did a couple of network installs using this kernel last week, and it was all there. I chose the "ext3" option and everything was done automatically for me during the install, including any fstab entry. I didn't have to do anything to get it to boot off the ext3 partition.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-