Re: Problem with dselect - Debian 2.1

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 11:34:55AM -0800, Mike Berrisford wrote:
> Hello list, i recently installed Debian 2.1 and i'm having a problem
> with dselect.
>
> I'm using the access method apt.
>
> It tells me i have the source list
> deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

The current stable is woody or 3.0.
2.1 is slink.

For slink your sources.list should have lines in it like:

deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/ slink contrib main non-free

You should consider upgrading to potato/debian 2.2 and then again to woody.

To upgrade to potato, I believe your sources.list should have:

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free