Re: swap confusion

>>>>> "Joerg" == Joerg Johannes <j-j@gmx.de> writes:

Joerg> ahead and set the priority in /etc/fstab with pri=PRIORITY, but
Joerg> wait... the man page tells me that swap priority can have any
Joerg> non-negative value, but the above kern.log tells me both
Joerg> partitions have a negative value. Could someone please
Joerg> enlighten me what this is all about?

If you don't add a priority yourself, the kernel generates a number
for you. And those numbers are negative.

The swapon() system call only lets you specify a number greater than
0. This means, those swap partitions where a priority is used are used
in preference to the ones that have an automatic one.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iggyland.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>