Next step in bringing my Woody up to date

Please CC: teague@jackson.main.nc.us with replyies.

The subject says it all.

On my K6 350, 64 MB RAM, I am running Woody, installed circa Nov 2001, My
sources.list points to stable and include security. If I understand things
correctly, I now need to run the commands

  apt-get update
  apt-get dist-upgrade

to bring my system up to date. I can then run

  apt-get install (whatever packages I want)

or I could use dselect.

Is this correct? Any more advice?

BTW Thanks to those wh quickly replied to my previous inquriy about
installing aptitude, that worked. I have some Manual reading to do there.

David Teague