Re: BIG UGLY FONTS

Try using something like Xfontsel to find out exactly what font the
GTK apps are using.  Compare it with other regular X apps.

It may be a problem with the order of the font lines in XF86Config-4.

Plus, what exactly did you do in the Gnome control panel, and what
happened?...

Give a bit more relavent information and perhaps we can help you.

Good luck.

Marshal