Re: Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical

Paul Galbraith said:
> I've got a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical mouse, which connect to the
> PS2 port of my computer.  The mouse works fine in Windows on the same
> machine, but I cannot get it to work with gpm.

> Has anyone successfully configured this mouse under woody, and can you
> please post your gpm.conf file?  Thanks!

I got it working on my mom's laptop through the USB port, have
never tried PS/2 but it should be no different. for that kind of
mouse I reccomend the imps2 protocol with gpm, in my experience
other protocols with the more "advanced" mice can cause weird
things to happen.

I also have a logitech cordless trackman marble wheel on debian woody,
(again in USB mode), works good there too, again with gpm I use
imps2 protocol.

since I don't use gpm but once or twice a year I only use it to
test the mice outside of X, I run everything from the command
line, e.g.:

gpm -t imps2 -m /dev/usbmouse

then

gpm -k

to kill it. one of my co workers had a older mouse, that would
only work using imps2 too with gpm(same for X), he had it connected
to a long range KVM which I think changed the behavior of the mouse,
all other protocols(including auto) didn't work).

nate