Re: install woody from netiso

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:51:23 +0200 "Florian Scandella"
<flo.scandella@aon.at> wrote:

> I tried to install debian woody from an netinst iso.
> First i used the bf2.4 boot image which hangs somewhere after the init
> of the kernel (after detection of network card) . The only image that
> worked for me was the idepci image ( except that it doesn't detect my
> scsi controller an my usb mouse ).

The scsi controller was probably the cause of the lock with the other
kernel.  Many of the boot kernels have various scsi drivers built into
them, this can lead to a lock up if the wrong driver attempts to activate.

> After upgradeign to 2.2.20 kenel the
> system won't boot anymore (stops at md driver) . The 2.4.18 kernel
> starts, but it doesnt detect the network controller and throws some
> random error messages about interrupt 7 ..

These messages probably look something like this:

   spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.

If so, you can ignore them.

So, you've got everything working now (with a 2.4.18 kernel) except the
NIC?

> NETWORK: Controller with Realtek RTL8029 chip

The above card uses ne2k-pci module.

--
Jamin W. Collins