Re: Auto dist-upgrade script

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 23:53, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
> Hi, I've heard people can write some scripts and put it in a cron job
> that do a dist-upgrade on their system then send what've been upgraded
> to their emails.  Can someone share how they did it ?  thanks

This is my crontab to do nightly mantinence on my system(backups to be
added as soon as I get my new server up and running :-D)

 # use /bin/sh to run commands, no matter what /etc/passwd says
 SHELL=/bin/sh

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
 # mail any output to `admin'
 MAILTO=admin@example.com
 30 4  * * *       dselect update && apt-get dist-upgrade -ydu &&
apt-history; ntpdate ns1.yourISP.com