Anyone know how to get *bigger* fonts on the console?

Hi,

I've found a lot of ways to increase the console resolution so that I
can more and smaller characters on the screen.

However, I want to do the opposite.  I've got my 80x30 VGA console output
hooked up to a TV screen, and thanks to the low resolution of a TV,
the result is unreadable.  I'd like to increase the font size so that
there's only 40x20 characters on the screen, and hopefully that will be
much easier to read.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm using a framebuffer console, with a
2.4 kernel.

Thanks in advance.

    --- Wade