Re: keyboard question

This one time, at band camp, Jim Lynch said:
> I had such good luck with ssh, I'll try again.  8)
>
> All of a sudden, starting with the installation of woody, my backspace
> key is sending a delete, not a backspace.  Even when I log in via vnc it
> thinks my backspace key is a delete.  What did I do?  Better yet what do
> I do to fix it.    I noticed that even telnet is wanting a delete key.
>
> Help?

If it happens in two applications, it is a term issue, rather than an
ssh one.  You'll want something like xmodmap so you can remap keys.
First, to see what $TERM setting is being used, try `echo $TERM` - then
you can either remap the keys with a utility, or go to
/usr/share/terminfo/foo and edit manually, but I don't really recommend
this, unless you know what you're doing.  If all of this sounds like too
much headache, Ctrl-h sends a backspace.

HTH,
Steve
--
Time as he grows old teaches all things.
		-- Aeschylus