Re: How to make kernel-modules-<version>.deb?

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002, Eric Richardson wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been able to to use make-kpkg kernel-image to create a custom
> kernel .deb file from a kernel source package. All the modules are
> compiled and I tried make-kpkg modules-image but no deb file gets
> created. How do I create the modules deb file?
>
> On a related note, does the kernel installer create the initrd.img?
> preinst or postinst or ?
Hi Eric,

cd in your kernel-source directory (/usr/src/kernel-whatever-source).
After you compiled your kernel run from here:

make-kpkg --revision number modules_image

After finishing do cd .. and install the image with:

dpkg --install module-whatever.deb

See alo as an example /usr/share/doc/pcmcia-source/README.gz

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang-bang fruit