Re: how does one shut up /dev/dsp message when Gnome starts up?

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 23:39, Walter Tautz wrote:
> see subject

1.) Enable your sound support in your kernel and load the
    appropiate module for your sound card

OR

2.) Look under 'Gnome Control Center --> Multimedia --> Sound'
    and disable the sound server startup.

At least that is what I connect with the /dev/dsp message under Gnome.
but since it is already 10 min before midnight, I may be wrong ;)

HTH

Matt