SPICE building custom package hangs

Hi,

I know that SPICE cannot be packaged due to legal reasons. However, I
wanted to create my own unofficial Debian SPICE package. To do this, I
followed the instructions listed at this page:

http://www.eda.ei.tum.de/~mcp/spicedeb/

I downloaded the SPICE package itself from:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/apps/circuits/spice3f5sbins.tgz

Everything looks like it is going smoothly until step 5. During this, I
get the following:

<snip>
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/spice/spice-3f5'
Done with build at Wed Sep 4 21:27:00 EDT 2002
touch install-stamp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installdocs
dh_installexamples examples/*
dh_installmenu
dh_installcron
dh_installmanpages

And then dpkg-buildpackage hangs. It will not say anything past the
dh_installmanpages line. Any ideas?

I am running Debian testing, if that helps any.

Thanks in advance,

--
Titus Barik (barik@ieee.org)