Re: help with user quotas

Hi Dave,

I too have recently been having quota related nightmares with Woody.  It
seems that some quota tools look for old version quotas by default, while
others look at the kernel to get the version.  In any case my current
work around is to provide both old and new versions of quotas for all
users --- obviously this is less than ideal.

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 11:14:41AM -0600, David Wilk wrote:
> quotaon: using /home/quota.user on /dev/sda6 [/home]: Invalid argument
> quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?

I suggest you try running:

'quotacheck -F vfsold'

To get the old style quota files created (or -F vfsv0 if you need the
new style created) and keep them both up to date.  I'm still pretty
bemused by the whole thing, but I haven't managed to find a good
document explaining what's going on with quotas in Woody.

There's a previous thread on this list about it with pointers to a news
group discussion on the topic:

<5a37d4f9.0204162106.6a47b37a@posting.google.com>

Was the link that was posted.

HTH,