Re: Mplayer help

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:27:21PM -0400, Neal Lippman wrote:

> I tried copying the realplayer libraries (obtained as suggested in the
> docs from RealMedia) to /usr/local/lib, adding said dir to
> /etc/ld.so.conf, and running ldconfig, but that didn't cause mplayer
> to be able to recognize .rm video files. I'm wondering what other
> location I should be trying.

Are you saying that you recompiled mplayer but the realplayer libraries
weren't found during configuration, or are you saying that you added the
realplayer libraries and the pre-compiled mplayer binary doesn't
recognize .rm files?

mplayer doesn't know the libraries are available unless it first found
the libraries during the configuration/compilation process.

--
 .~.
 /V\   Lance Simmons