Re: Odd traffic to munition2.xs4all.nl, any ideas?

On 03 Sep 2002 17:32:45 -0500
"Guy T. Rice" <guy@aurum-industries.com> wrote:

> I have a Debian box acting as a mailserver running Exim behind a Debian
> box acting as a firewall/gateway with appropriate port forwarding etc.
> Everything runs fine.  I've been seeing some odd traffic lately,
> though.  An SMTP request will come in and be forwarded to the
> mailserver, the mailserver responds by opening a 113 (auth) connection
> back to the caller, and then, a 7 (echo) and then 2702 (?!) to
> munitions2.xs4all.nl for no apparent reason.  Any ideas?

You using Vipul's Razor by any chance?  Here's why I ask:

$ telnet munitions2.xs4all.nl 2702
Trying 194.109.217.74...
Connected to munitions2.xs4all.nl.
Escape character is '^]'.
Vipul's Razor 1.11, protocol version 2.

Looks to me like your mail server is checking the Razor database.

--
Jamin W. Collins