s3virge and xfree864.1

Hello,

I am running woody plus xfree86 4.1.0-16 in a pentium pro machine. The video card has a s3 virge chipset, so, the xserver-xfree86 runs its s3virge drive. I have the following problem: at resolutions of 1024x768 or better, each time the screen is updated appear spurious horizontal line on it. The problem becomes worse for the high resolutions. At resolutions lower than the 1024x768 the problem disappears. Does exist a bug in the s3virge drive of xfree86 4.1? should I move to xfree86 3.3.6?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini