Re: Problems with Java in Galeon on one machine

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 12:14, stan wrote:
> I've got 2 stable/testing machines that _I thought_ I had set up pretty
> much alike. However on one of the machines JAVA works in Galeon (example
> being www.dslreports.com speed meter), and it doesn't on the other.
>
> Where do I star looking for the problem? I suspect I failed to install some
> packaage on the 2nd machine? Or was there a link I needed to make?
>
> Any sugestions apreciated.

A good place to start would be to make sure all instances of galeon are
closed (including server if you run it in server mode) and then restart
it from a terminal window as a foreground process. (i.e. omit the &)
Most Java errors will pop up right in the terminal window. Usually it's
a matter of Java not being able to find the right version of a
particular library. Good luck.

-Alex