Re: kernel updates into stable

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 09:05:30PM +1000, Evan Read wrote:
> I was wondering if, going against the Debian stable grain, kernel
> updates (like the seemingly well tested 2.4.19) kernel will ever make
> it into stable?

It's certainly been known in the past for this to happen, especially in
low-numbered point revisions. They frequently fix serious installation
bugs on one type of hardware or another, and upgraders don't have to use
the new kernel unless they want to do so.

However, it's largely up to the kernel maintainer.