Re: Cyrus IMAP + Exim + Mutt + Fetchmail + Procmail + Spamassassin setup

Andy Saxena wrote:

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:15:55AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

My .procmailrc looks like this:

PMDIR=$HOME/
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/mail.log
VERBOSE=on

#:0fw
#| spamc -s 100000

# Spam Assassin spam flag from above
#:0
#| /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -a $USER -m SPAM $USER

# Spam Assassin spam flag (used on Debian lists, at the least
:0
| /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -a $USER -m Trash $USER

# Eliminate duplicates
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

Thanks Jamin for your earlier response, but I just have a problem with
DJB, and I steer clear of qmail and related products.

Thanks for the response, Keith. I managed to get Cyrus set up. So now I
fetchmail the email, route it through procmail, deposit it via
cyrdeliver and read it through Mutt, Evolution or Squirrelmail (really
cool web-based interface).

However, I did have a slight problem with the "From " header. I cannot
figure out and what stage it gets put in, but it seems that cyrdeliver
doesn't like because it's not compatible with the Maildir (?) format
Cyrus uses. Currently, I am routing all mail through Spamassassin using
the -F0 option, which removes this header, but there's got to be a
better way of doing it.

Any pointers on what the "From " header is and why Cyrus doesn't like
it? Previously I was using only POP and storing the email in mbox
format.

Man, I don't have a clue about that.  I'm not doing anything I haven't shown you in my setup.

All my Cyrus packages are at version 1.5.19-9, if that helps.

You might want to give us the exact error message.