Re: redefine the $%$%// caps-lock key to something useful?

Once upon a time Bruno Boettcher said...

> it was possible to specify directly in the XF86Config to map the caps
> lock to another ctrl, so if someone could be kind enough to point me to
> the correct docu, or how that option is spelled....

I dont know how to do it from XF86Config, but I have the following
in my .xmodmaprc which is loaded from my .xsession with the command
"xmodmap $HOME/.xmodmaprc":

---
clear Lock
clear Control
add Control = Control_L Control_R Caps_Lock
---

This does away with caps lock altogether (I never use it), and makes the
caps lock key another control key.