Re: cdrecord 1.11 in sid or elsewhere?

Hi,

I'm using cdrecord version 1.10 and it does support burnproof: cdrecord [options]
-driveropts burnproof.
To check if your drive supports burnproof: cdrecord [options] -scanbus -driveropts help. As for overburning that is not really a feature, i.e. cdrecord does not check how much data you are trying to write and will never complain even if it is more than the capacity of your disk, (sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't, just don't press your luck). Overburn is a "feature" of proprietary cdwriting programs, they prevent you from writing more than a certain amountm to protect you from yourself, and then hide this "feature" somewhre in their software. I have no clue about cd-text as I have never used
it.

As far as I remember when installing cdrecord from source you can use the standard ./configure --prefix=/installdir/ (for example /usr/ or /usr/local/ or /opt/) to specify where you want everything to go. It should also support make uninstall to remove the
package before the next upgrade (but I'm not 100% sure).

Hope that helps,
Bijan
Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

Hi there,

I'm really desparate to get overburning, cdtext and burnproof working on
my sid system.  Sid only has 1.10, which does not support any of those
features.  (Well, maybe it supports burnproof, but not with the xcdroast
in sid.  Anyway.)

I installed cdrecord from sources, and it installed okay, but it did so
into /opt, which sucks.  Moving it to /usr/local would be easy, but then
I'd also have to create a equivs package and maintain it locally which I
rather not.  This would be okay as a last resort, but I'm too lazy.

So, my question is: Is there a cdrecord 1.11 package flying around
somewhere?

Thanks,
Viktor