Re: strange behavour of mkisofs

On Sunday 25 August 2002 13:51, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi
>
> I expreienced a strange behavour of mkisofs today. I made an image
> out of a file tree as shown in the "before.png".
>
> there i did a "mkisofs -J -o cd.iso *
>
> On the cd the files were arranged like in "after.png". As you can see
> mkisofs has merged the dirs - but why? All files are there... Does
> mkisofs not understand the "_" after BassDrive so that it interprets
> this all as on "BassDrive" dir?

The behaviour is correct, it's a small thinko on your side ;-)

Try

 mkisofs -J -o cd.iso .

(notice the dot!) instead. If you use the asterisk, bash expands the
command to

 mkisofs -J -o cd.iso <directory1> <directory2> ... <file1> <file2> ...

which is not what you want. mkisofs builds the ISO using the specified
directory/directories as file system root.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!