Re: Warning: System.map-2.2.19 is not parseable as system.ap

* Dr. Sachin Kale (sauravsk@agd2.dot.net.in) [020823 09:16]:
> * Jerome Acks Jr:
> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 07:19:41AM +0530, Dr. Sachin Kale wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I had a small doubt -
> > > what  do you do with the systemmap that is formed in a directery
> > after
> > > new kernel compilation ? I copied the same to /boot & edited the
> > > corresponding line in lilo.conf. Now I get more than a page of
> > > unresolved symbols whether I boot with original kernel or newly
> > > compiled kernel.
> > > What am I doing wrong ?
> >
> > Hi Sachin,
> >
> > If you used make-kpkg to compile and build a deb for the kernel and
> > dpkp to install the kernel, System.map-xxx automatically get installed
> > in /boot.
> >
> > I have on line in lilo.conf that reads "map=/boot/map", no direct
> > reference to System.map-xxx, and every works fine. Please post your
> > lilo.conf to the list so we can see what it look like.

Lilo's map file is completely different from the kernel's System.map
file.

> # Specifies the location of the map file
> #
> map=/boot/System.map4ess-modsetver

This setting probably hosed your System.map .  You'll need to re-copy it
from your kernel build directory into /boot.  Also, change that line
back to map=/boot/map and re-run lilo.

good times,
Vineet
--