Orinoco Gold and iwconfig

Does anyone know if there is a trick to entering encryption keys using
iwconfig?  The key at my office is 13-digit text (actually all digits, 0-9),
which the directions for the BG-2000 access point indicate means 128-bit
encryption.  However, try as I might, I have not been able to connect with
this key.  I know there is nothing wrong with the card, access point, or key
because they work in Win98.  Naturally I don't want to be stuck with M$.
I've tried the following:

iwconfig eth0 key s:<13-digit key> [1]
iwconfig eth0 key [1]
iwconfig eth0 key on