Re: WordPerfect 8 on Sid

ThanhVu Nguyen <thanhvunguyen@psu.edu> writes:

> I need help installing WP8 on Sid, I ran the ./Runme file and the
> installer won't start.  I know I miss some old libraries but I don't
> know which, anyone succeeds in installing Wp8 on Debian ?

Don't do it.  WP8 will only get harder and harder to use as Debian
progresses.  Eventually, you may not be able to get it to run and you
will be stuck with all your documents in an unaccessible format.

Try kword, or Lyx, or anything else.  Don't waste time on abandoned
software.

Hard work may not kill me, but why take chances?