Re: Why is there no tool to make an identical installation on several PCs - or is there

hi ya

to clone onto a virgin disk ???

i like the old fashion way...
  mount the new/virgin disk as hdc -- on a known good "cloning station"
  ( all clients are built the same way...

  fdisk /dev/hdc
	( fdisk.sh )

  tar-up master-disk | untar onto-clone
	clone.sh
	aka
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Boot/Linux-1U/clone.rh-7.3.sh.txt

take that cloned disk to your new pc ... and you're done
except for minor tweeks such as ip# and re-rerunning lilo
( test that new clone on the working syste before trying on
( virgin hardware .. ( avoid [new|unknown] cpu/mem/disk/mb/user problems )

c ya
alvin